When We Are Closed
For urgent help when your GP surgery is closed, please phone 111. Remember, A&E is for critical or life-threatening situations only.
The Folkestone NHS walk-in centre offers a range of health services for the local population - from a minor illness to a minor injury. The centre can treat the following:
- Nose bleeds
- Minor cuts and bites
- Burns and scalds
- Infections including abscesses
- Foreign bodies in wounds, ears and noses
- Muscular sprains and strains to shoulders, arms and legs
- Fractures to shoulders, arms and legs
- Dislocations of fingers, thumbs and toes
- Minor chest, neck and back injuries
- Minor eye conditions including conjunctivitis and foreign bodies
- Minor head injuries with no loss of consciousness
- Minor allergic reactions
- Minor ailments such as coughs, colds, flu symptoms, sore throat, earache, urinary tract infections and sinusitis.
- Emergency contraception
No appointment necessary.
The centre is based at:
Royal Victoria Hospital
Radnor Park Avenue
Tel: 01303 850202
Open from 7.00am until 10.00pm - Monday to Friday and 9.00am until 10.00pm weekends and bank holidays
Anyone needing confidential emotional support can call the Mental Health Matters helpline on 0800 107 0160, 24 hours a day.
Anyone needing emergency dental treatment during the bank holiday weekend should phone DentaLine on 01634 890300 from 8.30am to 1.25pm or 6pm to 10.55pm.
Out-of-hours services are generally busy so please think carefully before asking to see a doctor and only do so if you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.